Great news! The Club is to trial a Teen Fitness class to commence Term 2 each Tuesday from 6.15-7.15pm during the school term.
As part of our Tuesday Night Learn to Swim/ Learn to Compete programme, we are looking to add a new swimming level designed for our older swimmers. This Teen Fitness level would cater to those who enjoy swimming and are wanting to maintain fitness and technique but who have decided that competitive swimming may not be for them. The goal would be to offer our swimmers a lesson which focuses on swimming for fitness while having fun. It would also be catered more to the age group of the swimmers, many of whom would be in their early teens.
We are aiming to offer this class once a week at this stage. We hope that by providing another option for the older swimmers, it will encourage them to stay within the Club, keep swimming and maintain their skills.
Please contact Kirsten by email ASAP if you wish to join this new class.
Feel free to spread the word among your friends and family. At this stage we have access to two lanes each Tuesday.
The cost of the Teen Fitness class will be $110.00 a term and will be held during school term time. Term 2 runs from Tuesday, 1 May to Tuesday, 3 July (10 week term). Fees will be charged by the term by emailed invoice. No other fees apply unless you wish to enter an official race. Swimmers need togs (not shorts), goggles and a cap.
The Club will rely on your current registration form assuming the details remain correct.
You can if in doubt or new to the club register or re-register your teen as a member of the Club (select Tuesday Night as the Membership Category) .
We generally communicate to our members via email, website and our Club Night classes Facebook page, ‘Raumati Raptors Swimming Club: Tuesday Night – Learn to Swim & Compete‘. We encourage our members to regularly check these communication channels to keep updated with what is happening.
Enrollments will be on a first come, first served basis.
This is to confirm the time and place of the squad meetings Friday 4 May.
These meetings will be during the normal squad training time – so:
Penguins and Seals: 4pm-5pm
Sharks and Orcas: 5pm-6pm
Both sessions are in the Pohutukawa Room at the Kapiti Community Centre and will last for around an hour.
The content of both sessions will be the same, it will be about Jon covering the upcoming short course season, setting the expectations around behaviour at meets, and his coaching philosophy.
It’s a great opportunity to hear from the Coach and ask him questions.
Swimmers – please wear Club uniform.
For the avoidance of doubt – there will be NO swimming at the Aquatic Centre Friday night.
- 5-6pm for Penguin and Seal squads and
- 5-6:30pm for Sharks and Orca’s
The NAGS competition is on in Auckland the first week of the holidays – good luck all Raptors!
23rd April to 29th April
- Rest week for all NAGS and DIV2 swimmers – No training for at all you!
- Jon will be back coaching from 30th April
- Normal training resumes, except
- There is no morning training at all this week for any squad
- Friday there is no afternoon training for anyone – there will be a squad and supporters meeting (time and venue to be confirmed). This meeting is about the upcoming short course season, setting the expectations around behaviour at meets, talking about what meets are all about – like the officials, whistles, etc.
- Normal training for all squads resumes
- We’d like to thank our amazing sponsors who supported our Coastlands Chocolate Classic swim meet. A huge thank you to Coastlands, The Warehouse Paraparaumu and The Ministry of Swimming – we really couldn’t have done it without you all. Please RSC members – remember in return to support these businesses when you are doing your shopping.