Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science, Master of Science and PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) in geology, geotechnical engineering, and geomorphology
- Teacher of Competitive Swimming
- Part qualified NZ Bronze coach (awaiting sign off from NZSCTA)
- First aid and lifeguard trained
- Coaching experience at UWA West Coast (Australia) and Western Australia Institute of Sport as well as coordinating the Raumati Swimming Club Learn to Swim programme.
- 15 years’ experience in coaching and teaching in New Zealand and Australia and national level.
- Strong technical and biomechanical knowledge of all strokes, with a focus on ensuring swimmers have superb technique.
- Passion for ensuring young athletes reach their goals and develop confidence