After months of covid restrictions it was great to be back having a full SW SC Champs last weekend with over 400 swimmers from all over New Zealand. Well done to our swimmers for all those amazing PB’s, to Maia for winning her age group, plus breaking the club’s 17yrs 200m Back SC record (2:22.41) as well as the 17yrs and Open 400m IM (4:59.50) records, and to our medallists:
Riza Hassan (14 yrs) 3rd 100 Fly, 3rd 200IM
Alex Cecioni (17&o) 3rd 400IM, 3rd 200 Back
Robin Shen (17&o) 1st 50 Breast, 1st 200IM, 2nd 50 Free, 2nd 100 Breast, 2nd 200 Breast, 3rd 100IM, 3rd 200 Free
Maia Adams (17&o) 1st 100IM, 1st 200IM, 1st 400IM, 1st 400 Free,2nd 200 Back, 2nd 200 Fly, 3rd 200 Free
Thanks to our coaches, parent volunteers and officials for supporting our swimmers over the weekend and a shout out to Mike Gray who qualified as a regional IOT.
Monday 7 November – Saturday 3 December 2022 Wellington Clubs Racing in their home pools Purpose and background The Trygve Cup is a multi-week cup designed to positively enhance the experience of
Monday 7 November – Saturday 3 December 2022
Wellington Clubs Racing in their home pools
Purpose and background
The Trygve Cup is a multi-week cup designed to positively enhance the experience of competitive swimming, develop interclub rivalries and further increase participation at home pools across the region. The Trophy is named after the late Trygve Mark Berge and will be open to all clubs to participate and compete in to be named winners of the cup.
The Cup was launched in March/April 2022, and future editions of the cup may be run over a 3/4 week time span, or competed for at an individual event. The cup will primarily promote participation in relay events, whilst also providing the opportunity for swimmers to compete in a weekly individual event.
- All events and results will be classified as Development events/times. Clubs race the weekly event plus a relay in their training time and can do it anytime during the week that suits. Results will be published on Swimming New Zealand’s database.
- Individual events age groups are, 9 and under, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and over. Age at November 14th, 2022, swimmers restricted to one individual race per week.
- Relay age groups are 12 and under, 13 and 14, 15 and 16, 17 and over
- All relay teams to be mixed (2 male: 2 female), Swimmers are only permitted in one relay team each week, but may swim up an age.
- Clubs can enter as many individuals and Relays teams as they like. The more the better! Swimmers can only swim each individual event once and take part in one relay team per week.
- The Trygve Cup will be awarded to the winning club at the end of the series and a prize for the club with the most amount of entries throughout the 3 weeks.
All Day (Monday)
Coastlands Aquatic Centre
Date: Saturday 3rd December Warm-up: 3.00pm – 3.25pm Racing Starts: 3.30pm Pool Setup: Short Course Open to: All club affiliated swimmers Venue: WRAC – Deep end Useful Documents
Date: Saturday 3rd December
Warm-up: 3.00pm – 3.25pm
Racing Starts: 3.30pm
Pool Setup: Short Course
Open to: All club affiliated swimmers
Venue: WRAC – Deep end
(Saturday) 3:00 pm
Wellington Regional Aquatic Centre