Monday 7 November – Saturday 3 December 2022 Wellington Clubs Racing in their home pools Purpose and background The Trygve Cup is a multi-week cup designed to positively enhance the experience of
Monday 7 November – Saturday 3 December 2022
Wellington Clubs Racing in their home pools
Purpose and background
The Trygve Cup is a multi-week cup designed to positively enhance the experience of competitive swimming, develop interclub rivalries and further increase participation at home pools across the region. The Trophy is named after the late Trygve Mark Berge and will be open to all clubs to participate and compete in to be named winners of the cup.
The Cup was launched in March/April 2022, and future editions of the cup may be run over a 3/4 week time span, or competed for at an individual event. The cup will primarily promote participation in relay events, whilst also providing the opportunity for swimmers to compete in a weekly individual event.
- All events and results will be classified as Development events/times. Clubs race the weekly event plus a relay in their training time and can do it anytime during the week that suits. Results will be published on Swimming New Zealand’s database.
- Individual events age groups are, 9 and under, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and over. Age at November 14th, 2022, swimmers restricted to one individual race per week.
- Relay age groups are 12 and under, 13 and 14, 15 and 16, 17 and over
- All relay teams to be mixed (2 male: 2 female), Swimmers are only permitted in one relay team each week, but may swim up an age.
- Clubs can enter as many individuals and Relays teams as they like. The more the better! Swimmers can only swim each individual event once and take part in one relay team per week.
- The Trygve Cup will be awarded to the winning club at the end of the series and a prize for the club with the most amount of entries throughout the 3 weeks.
All Day (Monday)
Coastlands Aquatic Centre